We ended our weekly #2ndaryELA Twitter chats for 2015-2016 school year with teachers discussing how they use their summer for personal and professional growth.
Everyone agreed that summer was a perfect time to get outdoors and engage in activities that you love to do, but never have time for during the school year.
Here are some of the relaxation strategies mentioned in our discussion:
3. Take frequent naps
4. Get outside
6. Visit with friends and family
7. Exercise - walking, yoga, swimming or anything else your are physically capable of and enjoy doing.
8. Cook - take time to try out new recipes
9. Engage in meaningful and reflective discussions with other educators about what worked and what did not work this past year. If you teach ELA come and meet the great teachers in our #2ndaryELA Facebook Group or this try out this other great group called We Are Teachers Helpline.
10. Attend professional development workshops in person and online